The DAAP Galleries at the University of Cincinnati currently consist of the Reed and Meyers Galleries with some special exhibitions taking place at the Sycamore Gallery in downtown Cincinnati. The facilities are intended to present exhibitions to the university population as well as the region’s general public with the goal of providing a setting that will promote the open exchange of ideas and concepts using a variety of visual practices.
The DAAP Galleries host rotating exhibitions throughout the year in both solo and group exhibitions featuring work by artists that range from practicing professionals to students. The gallery exhibition selections come from many sources such as noteworthy traveling shows and collaborative projects with guest curators as well as internally developed exhibitions curated in conjunction with faculty members. The exhibitions selected are primarily focused on contemporary practice; however historical and retrospective exhibitions take place on a regular basis which highlight exceptional achievements in art and provide historic context for contemporary practices.
COVID-19 Special Visiting Guidelines
For the health and safety of all visitors and staff, gallery visits will be by appointment only. Groups are limited to 6 persons at a time. To schedule a visit please email email@example.com, leave your name, phone number, email address, and the gallery you wish to visit, and we will contact you to schedule your visit.
On the day of your visit:
- Face masks are mandatory on campus and in all university buildings.
- Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment, and call to inform the gallery attendant you have arrived. Find specific instructions for the exhibitions below.
- Visits will be limited to 30 minutes; however, if the appointment following yours is open, you are welcome to extend your stay.
NCECA: National Juried Student Exhibition 2021
The Reed Gallery (513) 556-2839
Hours: Sunday - Thursday 10am-5pm
Location and visiting instructions for the Reed Gallery:
- When visiting the Reed Gallery enter the DAAP building by the third-floor entrance located at the bottom of Clifton Court next to the Clifton Court Garage. Please call (513) 556-2839 to inform the gallery attendant of your arrival. Proceed to the Reed Gallery located on the 5th Floor Rm 5275, and please wait outside the gallery for attendant to let you in.
- Metered parking is available on Clifton Avenue and Martin Luther King Drive; hourly parking is available in the Clifton Court Garage.
NCECA: Multicultural Fellowship Exhibition 2021
The Meyers Gallery
Hours: Sunday - Thursday 10am-5pm
Location and visiting instructions for the Meyers Gallery:
- When visiting the Meyers Gallery, metered parking is located on Martin Luther King Dr. or in the Woodside or Campus Green Garages for an hourly fee.
- Entering campus from either MLK or the garages walk along Woodside Dr. past the new College of Business, and continue up the hill following the paver stone drive (UC Main Street).
- The Meyers Gallery is located halfway up the hill on the right-hand side in the Steger Student Life Center on the ground floor, directly across from Nippert Stadium.
It may be helpful to view a campus map here
We apologize for any inconvenience these safety measures may create and appreciate your patience as we navigate the current health crisis in order to provide a safe and secure environment for our guests and staff.
The DAAP Galleries are intended to serve a broad and diverse audience of students, faculty, and staff of the University, as well as from the wider Cincinnati community. Each gallery is open Sunday-Thursday 10 am-5 pm and has a unique focus as follows:
- Dorothy W. and C. Lawson Reed, Jr. Gallery hosts exhibitions that focus on the fields of study associated with the College of DAAP, with emphasis on current work in those disciplines brought in from outside the college to enrich the exposure of students to work produced elsewhere.
- The Philip M. Meyers, Jr. Memorial Gallery is a venue for presenting the work of DAAP faculty and students to the university community, and hosts other exhibitions broadly reflecting the varied disciplines associated with the larger university community.
DAAP Galleries is now accepting exhibition proposals. Please make your request for a submission prospectus to firstname.lastname@example.org.