DAAP Equity & Inclusion
At the University of Cincinnati, College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning (DAAP), we value an inclusive and caring learning and teaching environment that allows for the development of creativity through our common and diverse interests.
Our college strives to be representative of all:
- political affiliation
- gender identities
- socioeconomic status
- level of ability/disablity
- nationalities/country of origin/national origin
- marital or family status
- sexual orientations
- veteran status.
While we know this list is not complete, we are committed to being an inclusive environment that empowers others to be their authentic selves.
Our Commitment in Action
- DAAP is in the second year of the P&G Diversity in Design partnership. This initiative supports students in DAAPcamps and both undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Design through scholarships and mentorships.
- Awarded the UC Equity & Inclusion Incentive Grant for 2022-23 to support training workshops for students, faculty, and staff.
Equity & Inclusion Committee
Currently, the DAAP Equity & Inclusion Committee actively supports the college in the following ways:
- Student Success
- Faculty Success and Curriculum Support
Committee membership is open to all DAAP students, faculty, and staff.
UC Equity & Inclusion
The University of Cincinnati embraces diversity and inclusion as core values that empower individuals to transform their lives and achieve their highest potential.
The DAAP DE&I Committee wants to hear about opportunities to improve the college within the areas of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion. All Faculty, Staff, Students, and DAAP Community Members are welcome to comment.
Equity & Inclusion Resource Liaison
Looking for a specific resource or simply unsure of where to go? Contact Lora Alberto. Feel free to stop by her office located in Aronoff 5460.
Lora D Alberto,
Program Director for Graduate Studies and Research