DAAP Programs Are Again Ranked as Top in the Nation by DesignIntelligence Magazine
2016 rankings confirm the strength of DAAP's programs in preparing students for design professions
By: Abby Otting
Phone: (513) 556-2974
Design employers across the nation continue to name the University of Cincinnati College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning (DAAP) as one of the country's best schools in preparing students for success in the professions of industrial design, interior design and architecture.
In the just-released 2016 survey by DesignIntelligence, DAAP’s design and architecture programs were ranked in the nation's top tier. This has been the case since the employer survey began in 1999.
The main findings in the latest survey are based on a straightforward question to employers: “In your firm’s hiring experience in the past five years, which of the following schools are best preparing students for success in the profession?”
DAAP programs ranked as follows:
- No. 2 in the nation: DAAP’s undergraduate industrial design program. The program ranked No. 1 in the Midwest, and No. 1 in a subsurvey of industrial design deans and department heads as the “most admired undergraduate industrial design program,” for its highly admired co-op program and well-rounded faculty. The program was also recognized for student communication skills, design skills, computer applications, planning, and cross-disciplinary teamwork.
- No. 4 in the nation: DAAP’s undergraduate interior design program. UC’s interior design program was also ranked No. 1 in the Midwest, and No. 1 in a subsurvey of interior design deans and department heads as the “most admired undergraduate interior design program” in the country for its greatly admired co-op program and high-quality graduates. DAAP interior design was also recognized for strengths in communication skills, research, computer applications, cross-disciplinary team work. 100% of the students surveyed reported they believe they will be well-prepared for their profession upon graduation.
- No. 4 in the nation: DAAP's graduate industrial design program. UC’s graduate design program was ranked No. 1 in the Midwest.
- No. 17 in the nation: DAAP's graduate architecture program. UC’s graduate architecture program was ranked No. 3 in the Midwest.
- Apply to DAAP’s undergraduate industrial design program.
- Apply to DAAP’s undergraduate interior design program.
- Apply to DAAP's graduate design program.
- Apply to DAAP’s graduate architecture program.