What is Advising?
Academic advising is a process in which students and academic advisors work together to achieve the student’s educational and personal goals. Typically the student and the advisor collaborate to create a broad understanding of program/major requirements and university and DAAP policies and procedures, as well as to develop course schedules in order to fulfill degree requirements and student interests. Academic advisors can also identify additional campus and community resources as needed to enhance the student’s tenure, both personally and academically, at UC.
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Use the Starfish scheduling tool (Starfish How-To Guide)
- Call 513-556-1376 during normal business hours
- Stop into our office (Aronoff 5470) during normal business hours
*Advising appointments are not scheduled through email.
- Appointments must be scheduled at least one day in advance.
- During registration periods, it is recommended that students plan ahead to schedule advising appointments.
- Using the Starfish scheduling tool, you have access to your schedule in real time, should you need to make any adjustments to it.
- Appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes.
- Students who do not arrive on time for an appointment may be asked to reschedule so as not to disrupt other student appointments. If you cannot make your scheduled appointment, please enter this on the Starfish scheduling tool or notify the office by calling (513) 556-1376.
- If you have questions specifically about co-op, please contact the Division of Experience-Based Learning and Career Education (513-556-2667).
Meet the Team