The graduate Urban Design Certificate will provide individuals with:
- foundational knowledge about the art and science of cities through history to inform future visions for cities;
- introduce the skills and techniques to design livable, functional, and aesthetically appealing places in response to the current and future challenges of cities;
- and provide the ability to think critically, to encourage multidisciplinary solutions and appropriate sustainable design and management options that serve to promote harmony between the different facets of cities by considering them from a holistic perspective.
Degree: Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
Full-time program duration: 2.0 Years
Location: Uptown Campus West
College of Design, Architecture, Art & Planning
School of Planning
PO Box 210016
Cincinnati, OH 45221
The Graduate Urban Design Certificate is open to professionals and graduate matriculated and non-matriculated students. Students can start the program in any semester but are strongly encouraged to contact an advisor and apply early in the process.
- Online application
- $20 application fee domestic, $25 international.
- Transcripts that indicate receipt of a least a bachelor's degree with a 3.0 GPA.
Students with no previous design education and background will be required to complete PLAN6072 Introduction to Planning Graphics course. Please check with the Urban Design Certificate coordinator regarding the course offerings.
The University of Cincinnati and all regional campuses are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.