DAAP Directory: School of Planning
Office: 6106 Daa Addition
Christopher Auffrey, PhD, Professor of Planning
School of Planning, College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning
University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0016
Phone: (513) 556-0579, Fax: (513) 556-1274, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (PI), Auffrey, Christopher, Giving Rigor to Sustainable Development, Environmental Protection Agency. (X-83042101), $9,000.00. 07-01-2002 to 12-31-2007. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Auffrey, Christopher, Child Weight Status and Neighborhood Physical Activity and Nutrition Environment, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. (CHMC 474), $17,399.00. 06-01-2005 to 05-31-2010. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Auffrey, Christopher; Wang, Xinhao, Building a Sustainable County-wide GIS to Document and Promote Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Resources in Hamilton County, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (CONTRACT-GIS), $159,000.00. 06-01-2010 to 11-30-2012. Status: Closed.
- (Collaborator), Auffrey, Christopher; Honadle, Beth; Looye, Johanna; Vomhofe, Rainer; Zapata, Marisa, An External Evaluation of the Strong Economies Together (SET) Initiative, Department of Agriculture. (018000-340452-02/ RBS1039), $100,000.00. 05-01-2011 to 08-31-2013. Status: Active.
- (Co-PI), Tang, M, X Wang, C Auffrey, M Lu, Zero-Carbon Shenzhen, Shenzhen Institute of Building Research. 50,000 RMB. 03-2015 to 07-2015. Status: Completed.
- (Co-PI), Hildebrant, H, and C Auffrey. , Assessment of the Impacts of Contextual Elements of On-Premise Signage, DAAP Signage Endowment. $5000. 07-2013 to 10-2013. Status: Completed.
- (Co-PI), Maloney M and C. Auffrey, The Social Area of Cincinnati: 2010 Census Update, Community Research Collaborative . $60,000. 02-2011 to 10-2011.
- (Co-PI), Auffrey, C, M Tang, M Lu, Sustainable Urbanism Modeling, University Research Council. $18,175. 07-2011 to 06-2012. Status: Completed.
- (PI), Auffrey, C. & Grundy, T., Assessment of Demographic Change in Cincinnati Neighborhoods, The Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile, Jr./U.S. Bank Foundation. $30,000. 2018 to 2020. Status: Active.
- (co-PI), McTague C. & Auffrey, C., Pilot Project for a Land Use Monitoring Information System for Over-the-Rhine, Funded by the University of Cincinnati Sustainable Urban Engineering Program. 2008 to 2009.
- Honadle, B, MA Zapata, C Auffrey, R vom Hofe, J Looye. (2014). Developmental Evaluation and Rural Economic Development: A Collaborative Assessment of the Stronger Economies Together Initiative in the United States. Evaluation and Program Planning, 43, 64.
- Yildiz, A., Auffrey, C. & Russell, F (2018). (Under Revision). Seeking Food Access in a Contested and Uneven Space: Case Studies from Three Cincinnati Neighborhoods. Community Development .
- Auffrey, C. & Hildebrandt, H. (2017). Do Motorists See Business Signs? Maybe. Maybe Not: A Study of the Probability that Motorists View On-Premise Signs. Interdisciplinary Journal of Signage and Wayfinding, 2 (1), 100.
- Auffrey, C., Fu, X., Wang, X. & McClearnon, A. (2017). Enhancing Beijing's Resilience by Improving Tongzhou's Access to High-Speed Rail Transportation. Urban Rail Transit, 3 (1), 23.
- Hildebrandt, H. & Auffrey, C. (2016). The Use of Visual Attention Software (VAS) for Communication and Wayfinding Design and Analysis: Is VAS and Effective Tool for Environmental Communication? . Proceedings of the 2016 Annual Conference of the Interior Design Educators Council.
- Auffrey, C. & Hildebrandt, H. (2014). Utilizing 3M’s Visual Attention Service software to assess on-premise signage conspicuity in complex signage environments. Proceedings of the National Signage Education and Research Conference.
- Maloney, M. and C. Auffrey (2013). The Social Areas of Cincinnati, Fifth Edition. Cincinnati: United Way of Greater Cincinnati (Co-Author).
- Maloney, M. & Auffrey, C. (2004). Social Areas of Cincinnati, Fourth Edition. Cincinnati: Institute for Community Partnerships (Co-Author).
- Romanos, M. & Auffrey, C., (2002). Assessing Urban Sustainable Development in the Cities of Southeast Asia. Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers (Co-Editor).
- Tang, M, Wang, X, Auffrey, C., Lu (2015). Low Carbon City. A Developer’s Manual. Shenzhen, Guangdong, China: Shenzhen Center for Design, .
- Auffrey C, Hildebrandt H and Rexhausen J (2012). Economic Value of On-Pemise Signs. Washington DC: Sign Foundation, Inc. .
- Auffrey, C. (2015). Book review: Strengthening Communities with Neighborhood Data (Rev. of Strengthening Communities with Neighborhood Data). Journal of Urban Affairs ..
Presentations & Lectures
- Auffrey, C. (05-2015). Resilient City: Resilience Planning Symposium on The Resilience City at Beijing Jiaotong Univ, Beijing, China.
- Auffrey, C. (2016). Resilience Planning for the Historic Riverfront Port Area of Cincinnati: Addressing Short- and Long-Term Social, Environmental and Economic Issues Third International Ocean Industry Innovation and Development Conference, , Tianjin, China.
- Auffrey, C. (2015). Utilizing image analysis software to assess on-premise signage conspicuity in complex signage environments found in urban neighborhood, Houstin, TX.
- Auffrey C, Hildebrandt H and Mehta, V. (10-2015). Context and Signage Effectiveness, Norman, OK.
- Tang, M, X Wang, C Auffrey, M Lu (06-2015). Invited presentation: Symposium on Alternatives for Low Carbon City at Shenzhen Center for Design. , Shenzhen, Guangdong, China.
- Auffrey, C. (05-2015). Healthy Cities: Beyond Access, Qingdao, Shandong, China.
- Auffrey, C., Fu, X. & Wang, X. (2016). Resilience Assessment of a City Transformed by High-Speed Rail, Portland, OR.
- Auffrey, C. & Hildebrandt, H. (2017). Does Anyone See the Signs?, Denver, CO.
- Auffrey C., Jourdan, D., Mehta, V., Lowery, B., Weinstein, A. (2018). ''The first thing we do, let's kill all sign regulations", Buffalo, NY.
Honors & Awards
- DAAP Faculty Outstanding Service Award, 2015. . College of Design Architecture, Art, and Planning, University of Cincinnati, .
- Andrew Heiskell Award for Innovation in International Education . (with X. Wang, M. Lu and M. Tang). Nominated by University of Cincinnati Provost Beverly Davenport to the Institute of International Education. December 2014..
- DAAP Faculty Outstanding Service Award 2008. College of Design Architecture, Art, and Planning, University of Cincinnati, May 2008..
- “Ten Who Cared” Award. Presented by the Community Press for outstanding community service. Hilltop Press Edition, December 28, 2005..