Louder Than A Bomb
Louder Than A Bomb is a youth poetry slam event for Cincinnati students aged 13-19. The semi-finals were held at DAAP and the finals were held on April 18, 2015 at the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center. In these competitions, the stage, DJ booth, background and associated elements were designed and built by MetroLAB students. This evolved following extensive research into poetry slam events as well as incredible construction material studies.
- Taft Research Center at the University of Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Public Schools
- Elementz, Word Play
- UC Office of the Chief Diversity Officer – Blauzette Marshall
- McMicken College of Arts and Science
- UC Department of Africana Studies
2015 SPRING PARTICIPANTS
2016 SPRING STUDIO
In year 2 of Louder than a Bomb, Metrolab students re-evaluated the year the year 1 interventions, making several changes and additions. These included lighting the stage platform, a new backdrop, updating the DJ booth and an exhibition at the Contemporary Arts Center.