DAAP Directory: School of Design
Assistant Professor of Practice, Fashion Design
Fashion Technology Coordinator
My experience in the luxury market has exposed me to several facets of the fashion industry. Working as a designer, product developer, technical designer and production coordinator, I have developed a well-rounded view of the fashion industry. Specializing in vertically oriented design development and delivery for the luxury women’s wear market has driven my teaching to place value on exceptional craft and a higher understanding of garment manufacturing, construction and production. As the Fashion Technology Coordinator my goal is to provide students with actionable experiences that support their success in realizing their design work. It is through exposure to industry standard manufacturing processes, encouraged by way of active-learning, that students are best prepared to find success here at DAAP and beyond.
- Bachelor of Art, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio, 2011 (Fashion Design).
- Bachelor of Science, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio, 2011 (Fashion Merchandising).
- Master of Design, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, 2016 (Design Education, Collaborative Design, Interdisciplinary Design).
- Zachary Hoh, Sara Smith. 2015. Architectural Apparel Design. ITAA. Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA.
Experience & Service
- Production Coordinator/Technical Designer, Doo.Ri Chung, New York, New York.
- Assistant Designer, Josie Natori, New York, New York.
- Faculty Coordinator, Fashion Design Coalition 2016
- 23-FASH-211 DESIGN COMM I
- Fashion Design I
Fashion Design I