Dr. Jonathan B. Riess Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was established to honor the legacy of Dr. Jonathan Riess, a longtime professor of art history in DAAP. This fund provides scholarships to art history students who demonstrate academic excellence, commitment to the field, leadership and service.
Dr. Jonathan B. Riess (1947-2006) was a beloved teacher, colleague, and scholar of Italian Renaissance art and the Arts and Crafts movement at the University of Cincinnati for 30 years. His students and peers have established this fund to honor his legacy and provide the first-ever tuition scholarship for undergraduate art history majors at UC.
Sophomores and juniors in art history who meet the following criteria:
- Academic merit in Art History
- Display commitment to the field of art history, and leadership in service to the university
- Award and Scholarship Application Cover Sheet
- 1-3 page essay describing your interests in art history, the reasons you find the discipline significant, and your possible career goals
- Names of 2 faculty members that would support you
School of Art