This is an external scholarship offered by the Tile Contracters' Association of America.
Since 2001, the Tile Contractors’ Association of America (TCAA) has had the honor of awarding two annual merit scholarships in the amount of $2,000 to outstanding architectural students. To date, TCAA has awarded scholarships to fourteen exceptionally talented students.
TCAA is seeking future architects who will lead their industry, shape the language of design, and create new ways to give shape to their vision for public and private space as art for habitation.
Applicants must be enrolled and working toward a professional degree in architecture and can be:
- In the third or fourth year of a five-year program that results in a BArch or equivalent
- In the fourth or fifth year of a six-year program (4+2 or other combination) that results in an MArch or equivalent
- In the first, second or third year of a three- to four-year program which results in a MArch within the architecture discipline.
- The majority of credit courses must be earned in a campus environment.
The following is required from each applicant:
- a completed application
- a transcript from each academic institution for immediate past 4 semesters
- two letters of recommendation
- a résumé
- a personal statement describing educational goals as they relate to architecture
- a list of previous awards, scholarships, and financial aid received as an architecture student
- a statement of academic ranking and grade point average, signed by the dean or administrative head of the Architectural or Design department
The application is available at tcaainc.org/scholarships.php.
April 1, 2014