This scholarship was established to honor the legacy of Dr. Jonathan Riess, a longtime professor of Art History in DAAP. This fund provides scholarships to Art History students who demonstrate academic excellence, commitment to the field, leadership and service.
Dr. Jonathan B. Riess (1947-2006) was a beloved teacher, colleague, and scholar of Italian Renaissance art and the Arts and Crafts movement at the University of Cincinnati for thirty years. His students and peers have established this fund to honor his legacy and provide the first-ever tuition scholarship for undergraduate ART HISTORY majors at UC.
Sophomores and juniors in Art History who meet the following criteria:
- Academic excellence, especially in Art History (minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Commitment to the field of Art History
- Leadership/extracurricular activities/professional activities related to the arts
- Service to the program, college, and/or university
- 1-3 page essay describing your interests in Art History, the reasons you find the discipline significant, and your possible career goals
- Transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- Resume--listing major areas of study, work experience, honors/awards, professional activities, volunteer service, foreign language(s), additional skills, etc.
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one of which must be from a UC professor)
Please submit three copies of application materials to:
Dr. Theresa Leininger-Miller
Associate Professor, Art History/School of Art
College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning
University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0016
March 15, 2013
Dr. Theresa Leininger-Miller, Associate Professor Art History/School of Art