School of Architecture and Interior Design Directory
Virginia L. Russell, FASLA, PLA, LEED AP, GRP
Title: Professor, Master of Landscape Architecture Coordinator
Office: 6280C Daa Addition
As a registered landscape architect, Professor Russell represents her profession in the curriculum of SAID when teaching required or elective architecture studios, elective and required seminars on site systems, land development, and advising graduate theses. Professor Russell is also a licensed Trainer for Green Roofs for Healthy Cities (GRHC www.greenroofs.org), and she teaches green roof courses at UC and workshops all over the country. She is an Accredited Green Roof Professional (GRP), and the chair of the international GRP Committee for GRHC. She is active in the national, state and local American Society of Landscape Architects, having served in several state officer positions and as national Vice President. She is a Fellow in the ASLA, and she is an accredited LEED Professional.
Vegetated (green, eco-, intensive, extensive) Roofs Experiential Education Licensure (LARE/ARE/ISDQ) History of Landscape Architecture International Practices Sustainable Design and LEED Large Scale Land Use Planning and Development
- Beukelman, D. R., Burke, R., Ball, L., & Horn, C. A. (2002). Augmenative and alternative communication technology learning part 2: Preprofessional students. AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication, 18 (4), 250-254.
- Burke, R., Beukelman, D. R., Ball, L., & Horn, C. A. (2002). Augmentative and alternative communication technology learning part 1: Augmentative and alternative communication intervention specialists. AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication, 18 (4), 242-248.
- Zadernowski, R., Naczk, M., & Nesterowicz, J. (2005). Phenolic acid profiles in some small berries. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 53 (6), 2118-2124.
- Ayaz, F., Hayirlioglu-Ayaz, S., Gruz, J., Novak, O., & Strnad, M. (2005). Separation, characterization, and quantitation of phenolic acids in a little-known blueberry (Vaccinium arctostaphylos L.) fruit by HPLC-MS. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 53 (21), 8116-8122.
- Mattila, P., Hellstrom, J., & Torronen, R. (2006). Phenolic acids in berries, fruits, and beverages. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 54 (19), 7193-7199.