Master of Science of Architecture Admission Requirements
The school bases admissions decisions on a balanced, comparative consideration of the following indicators of excellence:
- a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- official transcripts from previous college coursework.
Note: Successful candidates have earned, on average, a GPA 3.30 (based on a 4.00 scale).
- A two-page statement of your interest in graduate study in architecture. This should be a concise, articulate presentation of your academic and career goals, and any specific interests you have in architectural topics for graduate research.
- A brief resumé of your academic and professional experiences.
Note: Your resumé should indicate both educational and professional accomplishments.
- A portfolio and samples of writing (and, where appropriate, other creative work).
Note: Since the program emphasizes written discourse, the writing samples and statement of program intent are of special importance.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons who are in a position to evaluate your abilities and your potential for success as a graduate student.
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE). For test dates prior to August 1,2011 successful candidates have earned the following average scores: verbal 500; quantitative 650; analytic 4.5. For test dates after August 1,2011(GRE Revised General Test) successful candidates have earned the following average scores: verbal 153; quantitative 151; analytic 4.5. The ETS University code is 1833. You do not need a department code.
- A TOEFL score of at least 100 iBT (600 paper) is common, although not a strict requirement. We also accept test results from the IELTS with scores of at least 7 and the CEFR of at least B2.
The application process begins with an online application to the Graduate School. Supplemental materials (except transcripts) are to be submitted online through the application process.
Mail transcripts to the address below. Air Express companies may require the street address (2624 Clifton Avenue) instead of the PO Box number, and also the office phone number (513-556-6426) for the label.
University of Cincinnati
College of DAAP
PO Box 210016
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0016
Attn: Kim Lawson
New students are admitted in the autumn semester We will notify successful candidates by April 15 or one month following the submission of application after April 15. An offer of admission may be withdrawn if a candidate does not accept within six weeks of our offer.
In general we do not offer admission deferrals. Exceptions might be made in special circumstances.
International students should see the International Student Services Office website for university admissions information and requirements.