Master of Science of Architecture Admission Requirements
The school bases admissions decisions on a balanced, comparative consideration of the following indicators of excellence:
- A baccalaureate degree from a recognized college or university.
- Unofficial transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended. Note: Official transcripts are not required during the admissions process, and only unofficial transcripts are required for the application. Applicants should not send official transcripts until they are offered admission. For complete requirements please visit the Graduate School transcript requirements: http://grad.uc.edu/admissions/policy.html
- A portfolio of architectural design or other creative work is optional. Portfolios must be submitted to: https://app.getacceptd.com/daap the application fee is $30.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons who are in a position to evaluate your abilities and your potential for success as a graduate student. There is no standard form to fill out; instead, based on information you provide in your application recommenders will be emailed instructions on the process for submitting letters of recommendation.
- A brief resume of your academic and professional experiences.
Note: Your resume should indicate both educational and professional accomplishments.
- A two-page statement of your interest in graduate study in architecture. This should be a concise, articulate presentation of your academic and career goals, and any specific interests you have in architectural topics for graduate research and design. It should reflect your prior intellectual and professional engagement with these issues, and may also provide some additional perspective on the work illustrated in the portfolio.
- Writing samples (not more than 2) or published work demonstrating the ability to conduct scholarly research and examine theoretical concepts. The essays can expand on the areas of research interest or on any topic.
- Scores from the Graduate Records Examination (GRE) is required. Successful candidates have earned the following average scores: verbal 153 (prior 500); quantitative 151 (prior 650); analytic 4.5. The ETS University code is 1833. You do not need a department code.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for applicants whose native language is not English. A score of at least 100 iBT (600 paper) is common, although not a strict requirement. We also accept test results from the IELTS with scores of at least 7.
The application process begins with an online application to the Graduate School. Supplemental materials are to be submitted online through the application process.
New students are admitted in the autumn semester We will notify successful candidates by April 15. An offer of admission may be withdrawn if a candidate does not accept within six weeks of our offer.
International students should see the International Student Services Office website for university admissions information and requirements.