DAAP Directory: School of Planning
Title: Associate Professor, Bachelor of Urban Planning Coordinator
Office: 6215 Daa Addition
Christopher Auffrey, PhD
Associate Professor of Planning and Undergraduate Programs Coordinator
School of Planning, College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning
University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0016
Phone: (513) 556-0579, Fax: (513) 556-1274, E-mail: email@example.com
- (PI), Auffrey, Christopher, Giving Rigor to Sustainable Development, Environmental Protection Agency. (X-83042101), $9,000.00. 07/01/2002 to 12/31/2007. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Auffrey, Christopher, Child Weight Status and Neighborhood Physical Activity and Nutrition Environment, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. (CHMC 474), $17,399.00. 06/01/2005 to 05/31/2010. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Auffrey, Christopher; Wang, Xinhao, Building a Sustainable County-wide GIS to Document and Promote Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Resources in Hamilton County, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (CONTRACT-GIS), $159,000.00. 06/01/2010 to 11/30/2012. Status: Closed.
- (Collaborator), Auffrey, Christopher; Honadle, Beth; Looye, Johanna; Vomhofe, Rainer; Zapata, Marisa, An External Evaluation of the Strong Economies Together (SET) Initiative, Department of Agriculture. (018000-340452-02/ RBS1039), $100,000.00. 05/01/2011 to 08/31/2013. Status: Active.
- (Co-PI), Tang, M, X Wang, C Auffrey, M Lu, Zero-Carbon Shenzhen, Shenzhen Institute of Building Research. 50,000 RMB. 03-2015 to 07-2015. Status: Completed.
- (Co-PI), Hildebrant, H, and C Auffrey. , Assessment of the Impacts of Contextual Elements of On-Premise Signage, DAAP Signage Endowment. $5000. 07-2013 to 10-2013. Status: Completed.
- (Co-PI), Maloney M and C. Auffrey, The Social Area of Cincinnati: 2010 Census Update, Community Research Collaborative . $60,000. 02-2011 to 10-2011.
- (Co-PI), Auffrey, C, M Tang, M Lu, Sustainable Urbanism Modeling, University Research Council. $18,175. 07-2011 to 06-2012. Status: Completed.
- Honadle, B, MA Zapata, C Auffrey, R vom Hofe, J Looye. (2014). Developmental Evaluation and Rural Economic Development: A Collaborative Assessment of the Stronger Economies Together Initiative in the United States. Evaluation and Program Planning, 43, 64.
- Maloney, M. and C. Auffrey (2013). The Social Areas of Cincinnati, Fifth Edition. Cincinnati: United Way of Greater Cincinnati (Co-Author).
- Tang, M, Wang, X, Auffrey, C., Lu (2015). Low Carbon City. A Developer’s Manual. Shenzhen, Guangdong, China: Shenzhen Center for Design, .
- Auffrey C, Hildebrandt H and Rexhausen J (2012). Economic Value of On-Pemise Signs. Washington DC: Sign Foundation, Inc. .
- Auffrey, C. (2015). Book review: Strengthening Communities with Neighborhood Data (Rev. of Strengthening Communities with Neighborhood Data). Journal of Urban Affairs ..
Presentations & Lectures
- Auffrey, C. (05-2015). Resilient City: Resilience Planning Symposium on The Resilience City at Beijing Jiaotong Univ, Beijing, China.
- Auffrey, C. (10-2015). Utilizing image analysis software to assess on-premise signage conspicuity in complex signage environments found in urban neighborhood. Annual Meeting of the Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning, Houstin, TX.
- Auffrey C, Hildebrandt H and Mehta, V. (10-2015). Context and Signage Effectiveness. National Sign Research and Education Conference, Norman, OK.
- Tang, M, X Wang, C Auffrey, M Lu (06-2015). Invited presentation: Symposium on Alternatives for Low Carbon City at Shenzhen Center for Design. . Symposium on Alternatives for Low Carbon City at Shenzhen Center for Design. , Shenzhen, Guangdong, China.
- Auffrey, C. (05-2015). Healthy Cities: Beyond Access. Symposium on Sustainable Cities at Qingdao Technical University, Qingdao, Shandong, China.