Master of Community Planning Faculty
Office: 6210 Daa Addition
Dr. Wang, AICP, is a professor of Planning in School of Planning, College of DAAP, University of Cincinnati. He holds a Ph.D. in City and Regional Planning from the University of Pennsylvania, a Master of Community Planning from the University of Rhode Island, a Master of Science in Geo-Sciences and a Bachelor of Science in Geography from Peking University, Beijing, China. He teaches courses in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), environmental planning, statistics, and planning research methods. His research interests are in the areas of environmental planning and GIS application in planning. Examples are: analysis of the spatial pattern of water quality indicators; the relationship between land use and water quality; GIS-based water quality modeling and flooding analysis; spatial distribution of human health and environmental indicators; and integration of 3-D imagery and GIS in planning. Dr. Wang's publications and presentations can be found in various planning and environmental journals, proceedings and conferences. Prior to UC, he worked as a research associate, planning consultant and senior GIS analyst. Dr. Wang is a fellow in the Institute of Data Sciences and the Co-Director of the Joint Center of Geographic Information Systems and Spatial Analysis.
Environmental Planning Geographic Information Systems Modeling
- (PI), Wang, Xinhao, Drinking Water Information Database, Procter & Gamble Company. (Drinking Water), $40,000.00. 06/01/2006 to 12/15/2006. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Wang, Xinhao, Public Outreach with Information Technology for Urban Renewal, blue moon fund. (OSP 04177), $200,000.00. 09/01/2004 to 03/31/2007. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Wang, Xinhao, Applying a 3-D Planning Support System in Evaluating a Potential Bus Rapid Transit Line in Cincinnati, blue moon fund. (revised budget), $51,000.00. 09/01/2003 to 08/31/2004. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Wang, Xinhao, Dissemination of the Watershed-Based Exposure Model: GIS-ROUT, Soap and Detergent Association. (SDA), $92,215.00. 09/01/2008 to 12/31/2010. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Suidan, Makram; Wang, Xinhao; Wei, Heng, Case Studies of Sustainable Water Resources and Infrastructure Adaptation to Climate and Socioeconomic Changes, Environmental Protection Agency. (EP-C-05-056 / PEG4-84T4.1), $129,178.00. 09/30/2009 to 12/31/2010. Status: Closed.
- (Collaborator), Auffrey, Christopher; Wang, Xinhao, Building a Sustainable County-wide GIS to Document and Promote Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Resources in Hamilton County, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (CONTRACT-GIS), $159,000.00. 06/01/2010 to 11/30/2012. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Wang, Xinhao, iSTREEM GIS Server Maintenance and Upgrade, American Cleaning Institute. (iSTREEM), $40,230.00. 01/01/2011 to 12/31/2013. Status: Active.
- (PI), Sorial, George; Wang, Xinhao; Wei, Heng, Case Studies of Sustainable Water Resources and Infrastructure Adaptation to Climate and Socioeconomic Change, Tasks 2&3, Environmental Protection Agency. (EP-C-11-006/PEG1-45T2&3 UC), $200,536.00. 10/17/2011 to 09/29/2013. Status: Active.
- (Collaborator), Sorial, George; Tong, Tak Yung; Wang, Xinhao, Pegasus sub EPA WA 3-45, Task 1, Environmental Protection Agency. (EP-C-11-006/PEG UC WA3-45,Task 1), $120,293.00. 11/22/2013 to 09/29/2014. Status: Awarded.
- (Collaborator), Sorial, George; Wang, Xinhao; Wei, Heng, Case Studies of Sustainable Water Resources and Infrastructure Adaptation to Climate and Socioeconomic Changes, Environmental Protection Agency. (EP-C-11-006/PEG UC WA3-45, Task 2), $39,000.00. 11/22/2013 to 09/29/2014. Status: Awarded.
Master of Community Planning
for the Master of Community
Additional Educational Opportunities
through the School of Planning