Master of Community Planning Faculty
Title: Associate Professor, Bachelor of Urban Planning Coordinator
Office: 6215 Daa Addition
Christopher Auffrey, PhD
Associate Professor and Bachelor of Urban Planning Program Coordinator
School of Planning, College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning
University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0016
Phone: (513) 556-0579, Fax: (513) 556-1274, E-mail: email@example.com
- (PI), Auffrey, Christopher, Giving Rigor to Sustainable Development, Environmental Protection Agency. (X-83042101), $9,000.00. 07/01/2002 to 12/31/2007. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Auffrey, Christopher, Child Weight Status and Neighborhood Physical Activity and Nutrition Environment, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. (CHMC 474), $17,399.00. 06/01/2005 to 05/31/2010. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Auffrey, Christopher; Wang, Xinhao, Building a Sustainable County-wide GIS to Document and Promote Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Resources in Hamilton County, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (CONTRACT-GIS), $159,000.00. 06/01/2010 to 11/30/2012. Status: Closed.
- (Collaborator), Auffrey, Christopher; Honadle, Beth; Looye, Johanna; Vomhofe, Rainer; Zapata, Marisa, An External Evaluation of the Strong Economies Together (SET) Initiative, Department of Agriculture. (018000-340452-02/ RBS1039), $100,000.00. 05/01/2011 to 08/31/2013. Status: Active.
- (Co-PI), Tang, M, X Wang, C Auffrey, M Lu, Zero-Carbon Shenzhen, Shenzhen Institute of Building Research. 50,000 RMB. 03-2015 to 07-2015. Status: Completed.
- (Co-PI), Hildebrant, H, and C Auffrey. , Assessment of the Impacts of Contextual Elements of On-Premise Signage, DAAP Signage Endowment. $5000. 07-2013 to 10-2013. Status: Completed.
- (Co-PI), Maloney M and C. Auffrey, The Social Area of Cincinnati: 2010 Census Update, Community Research Collaborative . $60,000. 02-2011 to 10-2011.
- (Co-PI), Auffrey, C, M Tang, M Lu, Sustainable Urbanism Modeling, University Research Council. $18,175. 07-2011 to 06-2012. Status: Completed.
- Honadle, B, MA Zapata, C Auffrey, R vom Hofe, J Looye. (2014). Developmental Evaluation and Rural Economic Development: A Collaborative Assessment of the Stronger Economies Together Initiative in the United States. Evaluation and Program Planning, 43, 64.
- Yildiz, A., Auffrey, C., & Russell, F. (2017). (Under Review). Seeking Food Access in a Contested and Uneven Space: Case Studies from Three Cincinnati Neighborhoods. Community Development.
- Auffrey, C., & Hildebrandt, H. (2017). Do Motorists See Business Signs? Maybe. Maybe Not: A Study of the Probability that Motorists View On-Premise Signs. Interdisciplinary Journal of Signage and Wayfinding, 2 (1), 100.
- Auffrey, C., Fu, X., Wang, X., & McClearnon, A. (2017). Enhancing Beijing's Resilience by Improving Tongzhou's Access to High-Speed Rail Transportation. Urban Rail Transit, 3 (1), 23.
- Maloney, M. and C. Auffrey (2013). The Social Areas of Cincinnati, Fifth Edition. Cincinnati: United Way of Greater Cincinnati (Co-Author).
- Maloney, M., & Auffrey, C. (2004). Social Areas of Cincinnati, Fourth Edition. Cincinnati: Institute for Community Partnerships (Co-Author).
- Romanos, M., & Auffrey, C. (2002). Assessing Urban Sustainable Development in the Cities of Southeast Asia. Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers (Co-Editor).
- Tang, M, Wang, X, Auffrey, C., Lu (2015). Low Carbon City. A Developer’s Manual. Shenzhen, Guangdong, China: Shenzhen Center for Design, .
- Auffrey C, Hildebrandt H and Rexhausen J (2012). Economic Value of On-Pemise Signs. Washington DC: Sign Foundation, Inc. .
- Auffrey, C. (2015). Book review: Strengthening Communities with Neighborhood Data (Rev. of Strengthening Communities with Neighborhood Data). Journal of Urban Affairs ..
Presentations & Lectures
- Auffrey, C. (05-2015). Resilient City: Resilience Planning Symposium on The Resilience City at Beijing Jiaotong Univ, Beijing, China.
- Auffrey, C. (2016). Resilience Planning for the Historic Riverfront Port Area of Cincinnati: Addressing Short- and Long-Term Social, Environmental and Economic Issues Third International Ocean Industry Innovation and Development Conference, , Tianjin, China.
- Auffrey, C. (10-2015). Utilizing image analysis software to assess on-premise signage conspicuity in complex signage environments found in urban neighborhood. Annual Meeting of the Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning, Houstin, TX.
- Auffrey C, Hildebrandt H and Mehta, V. (10-2015). Context and Signage Effectiveness. National Sign Research and Education Conference, Norman, OK.
- Tang, M, X Wang, C Auffrey, M Lu (06-2015). Invited presentation: Symposium on Alternatives for Low Carbon City at Shenzhen Center for Design. . Symposium on Alternatives for Low Carbon City at Shenzhen Center for Design. , Shenzhen, Guangdong, China.
- Auffrey, C. (05-2015). Healthy Cities: Beyond Access. Symposium on Sustainable Cities at Qingdao Technical University, Qingdao, Shandong, China.
Master of Community Planning
for the Master of Community
Additional Educational Opportunities
through the School of Planning