- core courses
- study of a planning specialization area
- elective courses to satisfy the total 90 graduate credit hours (66 for the accelerated program)
- a summer internship with a bona fide planning organization (waived for the accelerated program)
- a graduate thesis, project or capstone course
- a level of academic and work performance satisfying the School's faculty that the student has reached a level of professional maturity to practice within the field of planning
The curriculum consists of three broad components:
- Core Courses Includes planning theory and urban theory, which are designed and sequenced to provide students with common concepts, knowledge, and skills. These courses provide the foundation to pursue specialized work.
- Methods and Techniques Includes courses which are essential for the practice of planning.
- Specialization Courses Includes courses that permit each student to select an area of planning that holds particular interest for future professional practice.
Please click MCP course checklist (pdf).