As of Autumn 2008, UC offers a double degree bachelor's program in Women's Studies (BA) and Urban Studies (BS). During this four-year program, students will complete course work in both programs, participate in service learning projects, and complete a capstone project focusing on issues related to both fields.
Goals and Objectives
- To foster a gender/urban studies agenda at the University of Cincinnati.
- To develop a better understanding of urban society and the issues of women, gender, and sexuality therein.
- To incorporate women's and gender perspectives into urban studies (and planning) courses.
- To incorporate urban and planning perspectives into women's studies courses.
- To encourage participants-faculty, administrators, and students alike-to become active leaders and participants in urban organizations/government, especially relating to the opportunities and constraints determined by sex, gender, and sexuality.
Interested students should contact:
Michelle Gibson, Ph.D.
Director, Undergraduate Studies
Department of Women's Studies
Xinhao Wang, Ph.D.
Director, School of Planning
Urban Studies Program
P 513 556 4943
F 513 556 1274