The GIS Certificate Program is designed to meet the needs of both the novice and experienced GIS professionals. Students who graduate from this program will have a solid understanding of the theoretical basis of GIS and rich hands-on experience with GIS software packages.
The GIS Certificate Program is supported by the Joint Center of Geographic Information Systems and Spatial Analysis (GISSA), which consists of the Department of Geography, the School of Planning, and other participating units of the University of Cincinnati.
- Apply and demonstrate the principles of geographic information science
- Formulate requirements and constraints in spatial analysis
- Complete spatial analysis with selected GIS software packages
- Develop skills for designing and implementing real-world GIS applications
- Gain hands-on experience with popular GIS software such as ArcGIS
- Learn how to communicate effectively via mapping adn graphic presentation
The GIS Certificate Program is open to both matriculated and non-matriculated students at the University of Cincinnati. Students can start the program in any quarter/semester. The deadline for application is two years after completion of all required courses. However, students are strongly encouraged to contact an advisor and apply early in the process.
More Information on www.gissa.uc.edu