School of Design Directory
Juan Antonio Islas Munoz
Title: Asst Professor - Visiting
Office: 6415 Aronoff Center
I am a Master of Design, class of 2013, from the University of Cincinnati. I received my bachelor in Industrial Design from Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosi in Mexico in 2007, where I worked at Rigoletti Casa de Diseño, an industrial and automotive design school and consultancy hybrid, from 2007-2011. I also had the opportunity of working on international toy design and manufacturing projects. I obtained a Fulbright Scholarship in 2011 and came to DAAP for graduate school, where I did research on the semantic perception of automotive design aesthetics and the use of digital sculpting software and its applications to automotive design. I have been teaching at DAAP since 2013, first as an adjunct and now as a visiting faculty. During this time I have mainly focused on design communication, and multidisciplinary studios at the Live Well Collaborative where I have led innovation projects for multinational consumer products, aviation, and healthcare companies.
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Design, Universidad Autonoma de San Luis Potosi, San Luis Potosi, Mexico, 2007 (Industrial Design).
- Zammit Raphael, Juan Antonio Islas Munoz (2014). (In Press). Has Digital Clay Finally Arrived?. Computer-Aided Design and Applications, 11 (1), S20.
Presentations & Lectures
- (2014). Has Digital Clay Finally Arrived. Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, California.
Experience & Service
- 2014 to 2014, Visiting Faculty, Univesity of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH.
- 2013 to 2014, Annualized Adjunct Professor, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH.
- 2013 to 2014, Collaborator and project leader, Live Well Collaborative, Cincinnati, OH.
- 2010 to 2011, Chief Designer, Lactius de Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico.
- 2010 to 2011, Freelance Designer, Octopus Brands, Mexico City, Mexico.
- 2007 to 2011, Professor, Academic Coordinator, Designer, Rigoletti Casa de Diseño, Mexico City, Mexico.
Post Graduate training and Education
- 2011 to 2013, Master of Design, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH.