Master of Design Faculty
Heekyoung Jung is assistant professor of Interaction Design in the School of Design at University of Cincinnati, USA. She has worked on theoretical foundations of digital form and materiality as core concepts of interaction design in her dissertation, and published related design studies at ACM TEI and NordiCHI. As interaction designer and researcher, currently she is teaching various interaction design studios for screen-based, system-oriented, and tangible forms of interactions with focus on inspiring form-making process, streamlined information navigation, and engaging user experience. Her research is extended to front-end design of information systems at a variety of workplaces including warehouse, airport and hospital.
- Ph.D., Indiana University , Bloomington, IN, USA, 2011 (School of Informatics with a focus on human-computer interaction design).
- MS, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Deajeon, South Korea, 2005 (Interaction Design).
- BS, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Deajeon, South Korea, 2003 (Industrial Design).
interaction design; information application/system design; product use case development; interface and navigation design; exploratory prototyping for various digital media including web, mobile, and wearable; research through design;
- (Collaborator), Choi, Soo-Shin; Jung, Heekyoung, Smart+Safe Lift Truck Experience, Crown Equipment. (Safe & Smart Lift Truck Experience), $60,000.00. 08/15/2013 to 04/30/2014. Status: Active.
- (PI), Jung, Heekyoung, In Flight Communication Redesign, Live Well Collaborative, Inc.. (LWC In Flight Redesign), $31,340.00. 12/01/2013 to 12/01/2014. Status: Awarded.