Master of Design Admission Requirements
You must apply online at the Graduate School Web site: Graduate School Admissions. All application materials must be received by February 1 for the following fall.
Admission to the Master of Design program is based on:
- university application forms
- a baccalaureate degree in design or a related field from an accredited college or university. A 3.0 undergraduate grade point average (in a 4.0 grading system) is required.
- unofficial transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended. Note: Official transcripts are not required during the admissions process, and only unofficial transcripts are required for the application. Applicants should not send official transcripts until they are offered admission. For complete requirements please visit the Graduate School transcript requirements: http://grad.uc.edu/admissions/policy.html
- a resume or cirriculum vitae summarizing accomplishments to date.
- at least two years of professional experience in design practice or teaching. Internships and sponsored projects can count towards this time.
- a statement of intent that briefly explains educational and professional background and makes a convincing argument for the importance of graduate studies in relation to personal and professional goals and expectations for the future
- a portfolio that includes 12-15 examples of visual work and completed projects as an indication of the level of skill development required to pursue graduate studies. A few examples should show the development process that led to the final project. This document must be submitted here: https://app.getacceptd.com/daap. We are no longer accepting website links or hard copies of portfolios.
- at least three personal references who can comment on past performance and future potential in academic and professional efforts
- applicants with English as a second language must have a score of 570 (paper-based) or 230 (computer-based) or 88 (Internet-based) on the Test of English as a second language (TOEFL). The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is also accepted. For IELTS, an overall band score of 6.5 is needed.
Please do not ask us to verify that we have received your materials. If there is an issue, we will contact you to tell you something is missing. If you have questions about your application, please contact Sheri Cottingim at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-556-4299.