Industrial Design Faculty
Peter A. Chamberlain
Title: Industrial Design Coordinator, Associate Professor
Office: 6415C Aronoff Center
Peter chamberlain is an Associate Professor of Industrial Design and a graduate of the Master of Fine Art Sculpture program at the University of Cincinnati, College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning. He also holds a degree in Design from the Graduate School at Chiba University, located just outside of Tokyo, Japan.
He has worked in the Rapid prototyping industry and for companies in transportation-related manufacturing technology in both Japan and the United States. His continued international experience has been formative in developing a body of research that considers the unique role that culture plays in the emotional appreciation of everyday products and experiences. Additionally, this research considers how deeply embedded culturally driven sensibilities can provide inspirational sources for design innovation.
Professor Chamberlain teaches courses ranging from sophomore Industrial Design foundation studios to graduate design seminars. Through his experience teaching in the Live Well Collaborative studios at the University of Cincinnati, he has worked extensively with its corporate members, guiding interdisciplinary collaborative student teams as they tackle complex and crosscutting design problems.
Aesthetic and Emotional product-user relationship
- (Collaborator), Chamberlain, Peter; Timney, Todd, Kroger Bagless Sponsored Studio (16FS), Kroger Company. (Kroger Bagless Studion FS16), $70,000.00. 09/01/2016 to 08/31/2017. Status: Active.
- (Collaborator), Chamberlain, Peter; Zammit, Raphael, Hankook Tire 16US Sponsored Studio, Hankook Tire Co., Ltd.. (Hankook Tire 16US Sponsored Studio Agreement), $35,000.00. 05/01/2016 to 04/30/2017. Status: Active.
- Peter Chamberlain (2014). (In Press). Unboxing II (UBII): A Tool for Package Experience Analysis. The International Journal of Designed Objects., Volume 7 (3).
Presentations & Lectures
- Peter Chamberlain (2010). Transforum - discussing the future of public transportation in Cincinnati. TEDX , Cincinnati.
- Peter Chamberlain, Todd Timney (2015). The Total Package: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Package Design That Benefits Consumer-Experience and Brand Perception. SEGD Academic Summit, Chicago.
- Peter Chamberlain, Aparna Sundar, Theodore Noseworthy (2013). Parody of Package Design Society of Consumer Psychology Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii.