Fashion Design Studies Minor
Apparel technology, production and distribution are global, and the fashion knowledge and business training are fundamental for successful fashion professionals in this highly competitive, fast-paced world.
A minor in fashion studies provides the underpinning history and theories of fashion design as a progenitor of a social and material culture that is integrated within and reective of the essence of time, place and people.
The contemporary and multi-media practice of the fashion design industry is introduced and explored. Design thinking and problem solving, along with collaborative work are part of fashion design culture and are components of this minor.
To be considered for the Fashion Design Studies minor, students must have completed two semesters of college level course work, earning a university cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
Students must take 21 required semester hours of credits. Four courses are required:
- DSGN 1081- Sources of Modern Design
- DSGN 1070- Design Thinking and Problem Solving
- FASH 2081- History of Fashion 2
- FASH2099c- Documenting a Fashion Icon
Students also choose three electives from courses such as, but not limited to:
- FASH 1081- Industry Theory and Practice
- FASH 2070- Textiles
- FASH 2071- Fashion Marketing and Brand Development
- DSGN 4071- Global design Issues
- DAAP 2021- Fashion in the Public Eye
- DAAP 2022- The Business of Fashion