Computer Requirements for DAAP Programs
Technology is integral to the learning process at DAAP.
Consequently, all new undergraduate students are required to have a laptop.
Every major has slightly different recommendations:
- School of Plannning strongly recommends HP system 2, 3, 4, or 5
- School of Design:
• Fashion Design and Graphic Communication Design strongly recommend
Mac systems 2 or above
• Industrial Design strongly recommends Mac or HP system 2, 3, 4, or 5
- School of Architecture and Interior Design strongly recommends Mac systems 3 or 4
- School of Art recommends Mac or HP system 1 (or above)
Typically, recommended models range in price from $1300-$2900, including a warranty.
The University of Cincinnati recommends that students wait until they arrive on campus before purchasing their laptops in order to receive the best pricing and the most up-to-date laptop. Significant educational discounts are offered on recommended models. Recommended models are also designed to last the full duration of the student's time at UC. Computer requirements for first year students will be discussed at length at Bearcat Bound Orientation.
To ensure sufficient Apple Systems stock availability, the UC Bookstore asks for your assistance by identifying which system you intend to purchase. Please take this survey to indicate your preferences.
Ready to buy?
Need more information?