School of Art Directory
Matt Lynch holds an MFA from Syracuse University and a BFA from Ball State University. He has worked under the name SIMPARCH since 1996 with Steve Badgett and other collaborators. SIMPARCH creates large-scale artworks that examine the built environment in site-specific projects. Uniting all of SIMPARCH’s projects is a concern for the work’s social potential. Acting as sites for communal interaction and social exchange, these structures infuse the languages of art and architecture with a desire to connect a diverse range of participants. SIMPARCH has been commissioned by the General Services Administration to create a new land port-of-entry in Texas. This permanent sculpture will be a component of a major facility designed to control flow between the USA and Mexico. Other recent projects include a commission for the Smart Museum of Art, University of Chicago and a commission for a festival hosted by the ShurTech Company, makers of Duck Tape.
- Masters of Fine Art, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, 1995 (Sculpture).
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Ball Satate University, Muncie, IN, 1992 (Sculpture & Graphic Design).
Experience & Service
- 2009 to Present, Associate Professor of Art, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH.
- 2013 to Present, Undergraduate Program Coordinator/Undergraduate Advisor of Fine Arts, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Oh.
- 2002 to 2008, Assistant Professor of Arts, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH.
- 2010 to 2011, Instructor, Sabbatical Replacement Position , Bradley University, Peoria, IL.
- 2000 to 2001, Adjunct Instructor, University of Texas, El Paso,TX.
- 1992 to 1994, Adjunct Instructor, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY.
- 1992 to 1995, Teaching Assistant, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY.