School of Art Directory
Office: 4420 Aronoff Center
Honored with numerous grants and fellowships from such institutions as the National Endowment for the Arts and the Ohio Arts Council, Kimberly Burleigh has shown her work in over 150 exhibitions throughout the United States and abroad. She works with a variety of mediums, including; painting, drawing, collage and computer imaging and 3D animation. Solo and group exhibitions include the “MADATAC06” (Madrid); Australian International Experimental Film Festival; Pen Club Gallery (Budapest); Mykonos Biennale (Mykonos); “8th Rencontres Internationales Sciences et Cinémas” (Marseilles); Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival” (Hawick, Scotland); Carnegie Mellon University Miller Gallery (Pittsburgh); SIGGRAPH 2001 (Los Angeles); CEPA Gallery (Buffalo); The Clocktower Museum (London); Galerie Toner (Sens en Bourgogne, France); The Print Club (Philadelphia); Galerie 1900-2000 (Paris); Contemporary Art Center (Cincinnati); Feature (Chicago); Pittsburgh Plan for Art; and the New York City locations of Franklin Furnace Archives, Visual Arts Museum, Terry Dintenfass Gallery and Greathouse. She was an artist-in-residence at the Headlands Center for the Arts (Sausalito) and the Fine Arts Work Center (Provincetown, MA).
- Master of Fine Arts, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 1980 (Printmaking).
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Ohio University, Athens,OH, 1977 (Printmaking).
Painting, Computer Graphics and Animation, Collage and Printmaking
- (PI), Burleigh, Kimberly, New Animation and Paintings, UC's University Research Council. (URC Mid- and Late-Career Faculty Research Program Awards AY2014-15), $12,000.00. 05/01/2015 to 04/30/2016. Status: Active.
- 13th Oxford Film Festival in Oxford, MS, 2016.
- Rye International Film Festival in Rye, East Sussex, UK, 2015 .
- Firestone International Experimental Film Festival in Moscow, Russian Federation, 2015.
- The 5th Underground Film Festival in Cork, Cork, Ireland, 2015.
- Oregon Independent Film Festival in Portland, OR, 2015 .
- the SPIRITUAL MACHINE – ANOTHER eXperiment by WOMEN FILM FESTIVAL Screening, Anthology Film Archives in NY, NY, 2015.
- Video Graffiti Program, Mykonos Biennale in Mykonos, Greece, 2015.
- Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival – Screening Room Program in Hawick, Scotland, 2015 .
- MADATAC 06 – Contemporary Festival of New Media Arts and Advanced Audiovisual Technologies in Madrid, Spain, 2014.
- 8th Rencontres Internationales Sciences et Cinémas (RISC) in Marseilles, France, 2014.
- Australian International Experimental Film Festival in Perth and Melbourne, Australia, 2014.
- Tricky Women International Animation Film Festival in Vienna, Austria, 2014.
- Fall 2014 New Jersey Film Festival, New Jersey Media Center in New Brunswick, NJ.
- Library Thoughts, Pen Club Gallery in Budapest, Hungary, 2012.
- Museum Gallery/Gallery Museum in Cincinnati, OH, 2012.
- hetero-types science in contemporary art-making, Prairie in Cincinnati, OH, 2011.
- The Fuse Factory Electronic and Digital Arts Lab at Rescentris, Inc. in Columbus, OH, 2008.
- Altered States, Riffe Gallery in Columbus, OH, 2006.
- The University of the Pacific in Stockton, CA, 2004.
- The Ross Museum, Ohio Wesleyan University in Delaware, OH, 2004.
- Miller Gallery, Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA (Solo) 2001 .
- Art Gallery N-Space, SIGGRAPH 2001 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Images in a Post-Photographic Age, Visual Studies Workshop in Rochester, NY, 2000.
- Painting Function: Making it Real, SPACES in Cleveland, OH, 2000 .
- Hudson D. Walker Gallery at the Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown, MA (Solo) 1999 .
- Sixth Annual New York Digital Salon at Circulo de Bellas Artes, Madrid, Spain; Triennale di Milano, Milan, Italy; Centro de Cultura Contemporanea, Barcelona, Spain; Sala de Exposiciones CAM, Alicante, Spain, 1999 .
- Images in a Post-Photographic Age, CEPA Gallery in Buffalo, NY, 1999.
- The Clocktower Museum in London, UK, 1998.
- Livres D’Artistes/Nouvelles Technologies Nouveaux Media, Galerie Toner in Sens en Bourgogne, France, 1997.
- Reed Whipple Cultural Center in Las Vegas, NV (Solo) 1997 .
- Alem da Agua, a public art project on the Guadiana River on the border between Spain and Portugal, in connection with the international artists collective GRATIS, 1996.
- The Print Club, Center for Prints and Photographs in Philadelphia, PA (Solo) 1994 .
- Galerie 1900-2000 in Paris, France, 1994.
- Ben Shahn Galleries of The William Paterson College of New Jersey in Wayne, NJ, 1994.
- Olin Gallery of Roanoke College in Roanoke, VA (Solo) 1993.
- The Invention of Childhood, John Michael Kohler Arts Center in Sheboygan, WI, 1992 .
- Water Tower in Louisville, KY (Solo) 1992.
- Pennsylvania School of Art and Design in Lancaster, PA, 1991.
- Art Museum of Miami University in Oxford, OH (Solo) 1991.
- Cleveland Center for Contemporary Art in Cleveland, OH, 1990.
- Bruce Gallery of Edinboro University in Edinboro, PA, 1990.
- The Forum Gallery of Jamestown Community College in Jamestown, NY (Solo) 1990.
- Romancing the Stone, Feature in New York City, NY, 1989.
- Double Take, Contemporary Art Center in Cincinnati, OH, 1989.
- Arts Center Gallery at the College of Dupage in Glen Ellyn, IL, 1989.
- Nexus Contemporary Art Center in Atlanta, GA, 1989.
- Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts in Grand Rapids, MI (Solo) 1989.
- C.A.G.E. in Cincinnati, OH (Solo) 1989.
- Mary Washington College in Fredericksburg, VA (Solo) 1989.
- Of Plato’s Cave, Greathouse in New York City, NY, 1988.
- Denison University in Granville, OH (Solo) 1988.
- Feature in Chicago, IL (Solo) 1987.
- Feature in Chicago, IL (Solo) 1986.
- Mark Lombardi Gallery in Houston, TX, 1986.
- Pittsburgh Plan for Art in Pittsburgh, PA (Solo) 1985.
- Visiontelevision, Franklin Furnace in New York City, NY, 1985.
- Square One Gallery in Houston, TX, 1985.
- Galveston Art Center in Galveston, TX, 1984 .
- Jersey City Museum in Jersey City, NJ, 1983.
- Salt Lake Art Center in Salt Lake City, UT, 1983.
- Utah Museum of Fine Arts in Salt Lake City, UT, 1982.
- Alfred University in Alfred, NY, 1982.
- Terry Dintenfass Gallery in New York City, NY, 1981.
- Palazzo Di Parti Guelpha in Florence, Italy and Palazzo Casali in Cortona, Italy, 1979.
- Indianapolis Art Museum in Indianapolis, IN, 1979 .
- Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art in Winston-Salem, NC, 1978.
- Artist in Residence at Headlands Center for the Arts in Sausalito, CA, 2002.
- Artist in Residence at Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown, MA, 1999.
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Arts Council Individual Excellence Award, 2007.
- Ohio Arts Council Artist Project Grant, 2004.
- Ohio Arts Council Artist Project Grant, 2001.
- Ohio Arts Council Individual Artist Fellowship, 1999.
- Artist Project Grant, Ohio Arts Council , 1997.
- Artist Project Grant, Ohio Arts Council , 1995.
- College of DAAP Annual Award for Outstanding Teaching, University of Cincinnati, 1993.
- Ohio Arts Council Individual Artist Fellowship, 1989.
- National Endowment for the Arts Visual Artists Fellowship Grant, 1987.
- New Jersey State Council on the Arts Grant, 1981.
Experience & Service
- 2013 to 2016, Professor in Fine Arts and Graduate Fellow, University of Cincinnati in Cincinnati, OH,.
- 2009 to 2013, Professor in Fine Arts, University of Cincinnati in Cincinnati, OH,.
- 1999 to 2009, Professor and Director of Graduate Studies in Fine Arts, University of Cincinnati in Cincinnati, OH,.
- 1990 to 1999, Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Studies in Fine Arts, University of Cincinnati in Cincinnati, OH,.
- 1986 to 1990, Visiting Assistant Professor at Ohio University in Athens, OH,.
- 1982 to 1983, Assistant Professor at Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, TX,.
- 1981 to 1982, Visiting Assistant Professor at University of Utah in Salt Lake City, UT,.