School of Art Directory
Office: 4420 Aronoff Center
Honored with numerous grants and fellowships from such institutions as the National Endowment for the Arts and the Ohio Arts Council, Kimberly Burleigh has shown her work in over 150 exhibitions throughout the United States and abroad. She works with a variety of mediums, including; painting, drawing, collage and computer imaging and 3D animation. Solo and group exhibitions include the Australian International Experimental Film Festival; Pen Club Gallery (Budapest); Carnegie Mellon University Miller Gallery (Pittsburgh); SIGGRAPH 2001 (Los Angeles); CEPA Gallery (Buffalo); The Clocktower Museum (London); Galerie Toner (Sens en Bourgogne, France); The Print Club (Philadelphia); Galerie 1900-2000 (Paris); Contemporary Art Center (Cincinnati); Feature (Chicago); Pittsburgh Plan for Art; and the New York City locations of Franklin Furnace Archives, Visual Arts Museum, Terry Dintenfass Gallery and Greathouse. She was an artist-in-residence at the Headlands Center for the Arts (Sausalito) and the Fine Arts Work Center (Provincetown, MA).
- Master of Fine Arts, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 1980 (Printmaking).
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Ohio University, Athens,OH, 1977 (Printmaking).
Painting Computer Graphics Collage and Printmaking
- (PI), Burleigh, Kimberly, New Animation and Paintings, UC's University Research Council. (URC Mid- and Late-Career Faculty Research Program Awards AY2014-15), $12,000.00. 05/01/2015 to 04/30/2016. Status: Active.
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Arts Council Individual Excellence Award, 2007.
- Ohio Arts Council Artist Project Grant , 1999.
- Artist Project Grant, 1997.
- Individual Artist Grant, 1997.
- College of DAAP Annual Award for Outstanding Service, 1996.
- College of DAAP Annual Award for Outstanding Teaching, 1993.
- Individual Artist Grant, 1993.
- Artist Project Grant, 1995.
- Individual Artist Grant, 1995.
- Ohio Arts Council Artist Project Grant, 2004.
- College of DAAP Annual Special Dean’s Award, 2001.
- Ohio Arts Council Artist Project Grant, 2001.
- Inducted into the Graduate Fellowship, University of Cincinnati, 2013.
Experience & Service
- 2013 to Present, Professor in Fine Arts and Graduate Fellow, University of Cincinnati , Cincinnati,OH.
- 2009 to 2013, Professor in Fine Arts, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati,OH.
- 1999 to 2009, Professor and Director of Graduate Studies in Fine Arts, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH.
- 1986 to 1990, Assistant Professor , Ohio University , Athens, OH.
- 1983 to 1986, Production Manager, Co-producer, and Art Director ,.
2015 “ImageOHIO 15,” ROY G BIV Gallery, Columbus, OH
“International Motion Festival – IMF 2015,” Nicosia, Cyprus
2014 “MADATAC 06 – Contemporary Festival of New Media Arts and
Advanced Audiovisual Technologies,” Madrid, Spain
“8th Rencontres Internationales Sciences et Cinémas” (RISC),
Marseilles, France (Prix du jury)
“IMA International Film Festival,” Kerala Sahithya Academy, Thrissur,
“Australian International Experimental Film Festival,” Perth and
“Punto y Raya Festival / Abstract Film & Visual Music Channel,”
“Videoholica Video Art Festival,” Varna, Bulgaria
“Tricky Women International Animation Film Festival,” Vienna, Austria
“Big Mini Media Festival,” Long Island University, Brooklyn Campus
“Fall 2014 New Jersey Film Festival,” New Jersey Media Center, New
2013 “Beyond Vision: Messages from the Holographic Universe” Salisbury
University, Salisbury, MD
“Autumedia2013” Semantics, Cincinnati, OH
2012 “Built in the Digital World” Weston Art Gallery, Cincinnati, OH
The New Post-literate: A Gallery of Asemic Writing,
The Drawing Center Viewing Program, New York, NY
“Library Thoughts” Pen Club Gallery, Budapest, Hungary
Museum Gallery/Gallery Museum, Cincinnati, OH
Riffe Gallery, Columbus, OH
2011 “hetero-types science in contemporary art-making” – Pra