Minor in Art History
The School of Art offers a 21-credit hour Minor in Art History for students hoping to study of the work and lives of artists and deal with questions about the forms, traditions, meanings, and cultural and theoretical contexts of works of art and architecture.
- Required courses include:
- ARTH1001: History of Art I (3 credits)
- ARTH1002: History of Art II (3 credits)
- ARTH 1020: Introduction to the History of Art & Visual Culture (3 credits)
- ARTH 3024: Visual Media, Theory, & Criticism (3 credits)
- Three Art History electives (9 credits total)
Three Art History courses must be taken at the 2000 level or above.
Students must be matriculated at the university and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 to pursue the art history minor.