Master of Fine Arts Faculty
Professor Woodman has been working in the field of Electronic Art for many years. His recent projects have concentrated on the creation of multi-image video installations for museums and galleries and the integration of video with live performance, often in collaboration with musicians or dancers. Exhibitions of his work include screenings at the Museum of Modern Art in New York; the Block Museum of Art in Chicago; the Black Maria Film and Video Festival, Edison, NJ; the American Dance Festival, Raleigh, NC; and the San Francisco Cinematheque. Woodman was a founding member of the video performance group viDEO sAVant and has been a pioneer in the development of live cinema - real time video editing as live performance. Recent viDEO sAVant appearances include performances at Albright Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, NY; MATA Festival, Brooklyn; International House, Philadelphia; New Genres Festival, Tulsa and the Herron School of Art, Indianapolis.
- Masters of Fine Arts, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, 1982 (Design Film/Video).
- Bachelor of Arts, Antioch College, Yellow Springs, OH, 1979 (Art/Communications).
Video Production Computer Animation Interactive Interface Design Installation Art Performance Art
- ViDEO sAVant, The Drowned World, ISEA2014, Dubai, UAR, performance
- ViDEO sAVant and Friends, Live Cinema, Audio Visual Improvisation, Signal Culture, Ithaca NY, Performance
- ViDEO sAVant and Friends, Live Cinema, Audio Visual Improvisation, Villa Douce, Riems France, Performance
- Charles Woodman, Passages, Weston Art Gallery, Cincinnati, OH, One Person Show.
- Video sAVant presents Lateral Thinking, 21C Museum/Hotel, Cincinnati, OH, Performance
- Dharma Pops, It will Shake your Teeth, College Conservatory of Music, Cincinnati, OH, Video with live music and recitation
- Charles Woodman, Cowboy Romance ‘92 remix, VideoFocus 2013, Stigmart 10, Online Publication
- Video sAVant with Geishafold, The Drowned World, Optronica, Other Cinema, SF, CA, Performance
- Video sAVant and Friends, Live Audio/Visual Improvisation, synthetic zero, Bronx Art Space, Bronx, NY, Performance
- Video sAVant presents Lateral Thinking, Autumedia, the Rakes End, Cincinnati, OH, Performance
- Megurs Ehd Ffleweh Bq Nsolst, Intl. Computer Music Conference, Perth, Australia
- Video sAVant w/ Ubdis Quartet, Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, NY, Performance
- Megurs Ehd Ffleweh, w/ Chris Bailey and the Meitar Ensemble, MATA Festival, Roulette, New York, NY. Video projection w live music
- St Vrains Woods, Four Woodmans, Nina Fruedenhiem Gallery, Buffalo NY
- BOOM! LIVE CINEMA & SOUND, The Coup, Clarksville TN, Performance
- Terminal Physical Space, Austin Peay State University, Clarksville TN, one person show
- Snow Mountain Ranch, Fotofocus, Clay Street Gallery, Cincinnati, OH
- Bloom, Lloyd Library, Cincinnati, OH
- Video sAVant presents Lateral Thinking, Autumedia, The Rakes End, Cincinnati, OH, Performance
- Video sAVant and Friends, WaVe Currents Series, International House, Philadelphia, PA, Performance
- Video sAVant and Friends, Devotions Gallery, Brooklyn, NY, Performance
- Table of Elements, The Wodmans, Diet Gallery, Miami, FL, Installation
- Live Cinema Dance, viDEO sAVant and Friends, New Genres Festival, Living Arts of Tulsa. Tulsa, OK, Performance
- Video sAVant presents Lateral Thinking, Autumedia, Third Party Gallery, Cincinnati, OH, Performance
- Video sAVant with Collide-O-Scope Music, Intersections New American Performing Arts Festival, Atlas Performing Arts Center, Washington, DC, Performance
- HEAVEN, Wall Drawings, Samson Projects, Boston MA
- viDEO sAVant with Collide-O-Scope Music, Aspect Project Room, Brooklyn, NY, Performance
- viDEO sAVant with Discerning Crane, Center for Contemporary Arts, Cininnati OH, Performance
- viDEO sAVant and Friends, The Herron School of Art, Indianapolis IN, Performance
- PI Squared with Collide-O-Scope Music, Roulette, New York NY, Screening w/ live music
- American Diorama, The Road, Light Factory Museum, Charlotte NC, Installation.
- American Diorama, El Camino Medical Center, Mountain View CA, Permanent Installation
- viDEO sAVant w/NWEAMO All Stars, NOTACON, Cleveland OH, Performance
- Vivaldi: The Four Seasons w/Shellie Cash, Balanchine and Beyond, College Conservatory of Music, Cincinnati OH, Performance
- viDEO sAVant w/ Discerning Crane, CS13, Cincinnati OH, Performance
- John Cage: Sonata and Interludes, viDEO sAVant w/ Adam Tendler, piano. Living Arts of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK, Performance
- The Desire Line w/ Deborah Slater Dance Company, Joyce Theatre, New York, NY, Performance.
- American Diorama, St
Master of Fine Arts
of Art Information
Are you a current or former School of Art student wanting to connect with classmates? Search for the group University of Cincinnati Fine Art Graduate Students on Facebook.