Master of Fine Arts Faculty
Katie E Parker
Title: Assistant Professor
Office: 4300 Aronoff Center
Professor Parker was born in 1980 in Jonesboro Arkansas, and grew up in Plano, Texas. She holds a BFA in Ceramics from the Kansas City Art Institute (2003) and an MFA from Ohio State University (2005). For several years, she has also been collaborating with Guy Michael Davis, making objects that combine new technology, porcelain, and good craft. The objects merge the strengths of their individual studio practices – a dark vein backed by a historical current. Parker and Davis&39; work has been exhibited both nationally and internationally, with recent shows in New York City, Jingdezhen China, Canada, Philadelphia, Kansas City, Tempe, and in Cincinnati OH. This summer they will both be resident artists at the Bemis Center for Contemporary Art in Omaha, NE.
- BFA, Kansas City Art Institute, Kansas City, MO, 2003 (Ceramics).
- MFA, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2005 (Ceramics).
Fine Arts Ceramic Sculpture and Wheel Moldmaking and Slipcasting Object Design Three dimensional scanning and printing Ceramic History
Experience & Service
- 2009 to Present, Assistant Professor of Fine Arts, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH.
- 2008 to 2009, Annualized Adjunct Assistant Professor of Fine Arts, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati,OH.
- 2006 to 2008, Visiting Lecturer, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
- 2005 to 2006, Teaching Assistant, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
- (upcoming) Residential College Art Gallery at The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Grand Theft: Katie Parker + Guy Michael Davis, FotoFocus Biennial 2014 exhibition, The Carnegie, Covington, KY
- The Living Room, Contemporary Arts Center (CAC), Cincinnati, OH (collaboration with Paul Coors, Terence Hammonds, Such+Such)
- Katie Parker and Guy Michael Davis, Belger Arts Center/Red Star, Kansas City, MO
- Still[ed] Life, Taft Museum of Art, Cincinnati, OH
- New Work by Katie Parker, Prairie, Cincinnati, OH
- License to Illuminate, Country Club, Cincinnati, OH
- Shakespeare Wooden Minnow, The Clay Studio, Philadelphia, PA (collaboration with Non Fiction Design)
- Patterns, Systems, Layers, MFA thesis exhibition, Studio 16, Columbus OH
Master of Fine Arts
of Art Information
Are you a current or former School of Art student wanting to connect with classmates? Search for the group University of Cincinnati Fine Art Graduate Students on Facebook.