Master of Fine Arts Faculty
Office: 6431B Aronoff Center
Honored with numerous grants and fellowships from such institutions as the National Endowment for the Arts and the Ohio Arts Council, Kimberly Burleigh has shown her work in over 150 exhibitions throughout the United States and abroad. She works with a variety of mediums, including; painting, drawing, collage and computer imaging and 3D animation. Solo and group exhibitions include the Australian International Experimental Film Festival; Pen Club Gallery (Budapest); Carnegie Mellon University Miller Gallery (Pittsburgh); SIGGRAPH 2001 (Los Angeles); CEPA Gallery (Buffalo); The Clocktower Museum (London); Galerie Toner (Sens en Bourgogne, France); The Print Club (Philadelphia); Galerie 1900-2000 (Paris); Contemporary Art Center (Cincinnati); Feature (Chicago); Pittsburgh Plan for Art; and the New York City locations of Franklin Furnace Archives, Visual Arts Museum, Terry Dintenfass Gallery and Greathouse. She was an artist-in-residence at the Headlands Center for the Arts (Sausalito) and the Fine Arts Work Center (Provincetown, MA).
- Master of Fine Arts, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 1980 (Printmaking).
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Ohio University, Athens,OH, 1977 (Printmaking).
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Arts Council Individual Excellence Award, 2007.
- Ohio Arts Council Artist Project Grant , 1999.
- Artist Project Grant, 1997.
- Individual Artist Grant, 1997.
- College of DAAP Annual Award for Outstanding Service, 1996.
- College of DAAP Annual Award for Outstanding Teaching, 1993.
- Individual Artist Grant, 1993.
- Artist Project Grant, 1995.
- Individual Artist Grant, 1995.
- Ohio Arts Council Artist Project Grant, 2004.
- College of DAAP Annual Special Dean’s Award, 2001.
- Ohio Arts Council Artist Project Grant, 2001.
- Inducted into the Graduate Fellowship, University of Cincinnati, 2013.
Experience & Service
- 2013 to Present, Professor in Fine Arts and Graduate Fellow, University of Cincinnati , Cincinnati,OH.
- 2009 to 2013, Professor in Fine Arts, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati,OH.
- 1999 to 2009, Professor and Director of Graduate Studies in Fine Arts, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH.
- 1986 to 1990, Assistant Professor , Ohio University , Athens, OH.
- 1983 to 1986, Production Manager, Co-producer, and Art Director ,.
- “Australian International Experimental Film Festival,” Perth, Australia; exhibited DEVICE & DEVICES in the “letters, Os, 1s, reading the image” program and exhibited Light Divides the Square in the “All About Material” program
- “Tricky Women International Animation Film Festival,” Vienna, Austria; exhibited Light Divides the Square in the “Un/Framed” program
- “5th Annual West Virginia Mountaineer Short Film Festival,” West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
- “What the Festival,” Alfred State College, Alfred, NY
- “Beyond Vision: Messages from the Holographic Universe” Salisbury University, Salisbury, MD
- “Autumedia2013” Semantics, Cincinnati, OH
- “Built in the Digital World” Weston Art Gallery, Cincinnati, OH
- The New Post-literate: A Gallery of Asemic Writing, http://thenewpostliterate.blogspot.com/2012/11/refraction-code-o-you-whom-i-often-and.html
- “7th Annual Ohio Online Visual Artist Registry Juried Show” - Columbus Metropolitan Library,Columbus, OH
- The Drawing Center Viewing Program, New York, NY
- John Waldron Arts Center, Bloomington, IN
- “Library Thoughts” Pen Club Gallery, Budapest, Hungary
- Museum Gallery/Gallery Museum, Cincinnati, OH
- Riffe Gallery, Columbus, OH
- Ascent Exhibition at US Bank, Cincinnati, OH
- “Chain Letter” – golden PARACHUTES, Berlin, Germany
- “hetero-types science in contemporary art-making” – Prairie, Cincinnati, OH
- “6th Annual Ohio Online Visual Artist Registry Juried Show” - Columbus
- Metropolitan Library,Columbus, OH
- “SEVEN X 11: ART FOR ART” – Urban Institute for Contemporary Art, Grand Rapids, MI
- DAAP Faculty Show – Reed Gallery, College of DAAP, University of Cincinnati
- “5th Annual Online Visual Art Registry Juried Show” - Columbus Metropolitan Library, Columbus, OH
- "20 Years / 20 Artists" - Pearlman and Chidlaw Galleries, Art Academy of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- DAAP Faculty Show - Reed Gallery, College of DAAP, University of Cincinnati
- Inaugural show of The Fuse Factory Electronic and Digital Arts Lab at Rescentris, Inc. in Columbus, OH
- Videotheque Ephemere, VIDEOFORMES, Clermont-Ferrand, France
- “Altered States” - Riffe Gallery in Columbus, OH
- “Autumedia 2006” - Cincinnati, OH
- Faculty Exhibition - Reed Gallery, College of DAAP, University of Cincinnati
- International Computer Music Conference, Barcelona (with Mara Helmuth)
- “Ideas into Objects: Reinterpreting the Notebooks of Leonardo da Vinci” - Alice F. and Harris K. Weston Art Gallery at the Aronoff Center for the Arts in Cincinnati, OH
- “Altered States” - Alice F. and Harris K. Weston Art Gallery at the Aronoff Center for the Arts in Cincinnati, OH
- Two Person Show - The University of the Pacific, Stockton, CA
- The Ros
Master of Fine Arts
of Art Information
Are you a current or former School of Art student wanting to connect with classmates? Search for the group University of Cincinnati Fine Art Graduate Students on Facebook.