Master of Arts in Art History Admission Requirements
Thank you for your interest in the Graduate Program in Art History.
We are not accepting applications for Fall 2015 admissions.
Applicants for admission to the Master of Arts in Art History program are expected to have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of B average (3.0 GPA). The following items are required for evaluation by the Art History Graduate Admissions Committee:
- UC graduate online application
- Application fee (payable online)
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or others qualified to judge your academic work and your preparedness for graduate art history study (Recommenders listed in the online application will receive an email notification about submitting their document online.)
- Official transcript/s, undergraduate, as well as graduate, if you have taken advanced studies should be sent directly to director of graduate studies in art history at the address below).
- Statement of purpose (2-3 pages) that includes an intellectual autobiography, your educational objectives, and your reasons for applying to the program at UC.
- A sample research paper which can provide an indication of your skills and interests.
- GRE scores (submitted to UC by the testing agency-UC code 1833)
- Proof of English proficiency (for international students only); to be submitted directly to UC by the testing agency.
Additional information can be found in the Graduate Handbook.
The application deadline is January 15 of each year to begin studies the following September.
For more information, you can download (PDF) the entire information packet.
For questions, please contact Prof. Miki Hirayama at: email@example.com