Jennifer E Ustick
Title: Asst Professor - Adj Ann
Office: ... Aronoff Center
Professor Ustick’s teaching experience includes her employment as Visiting Assistant Professor of Art at Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Michigan from 2008-2011. She earned a BFA from the Art Academy of Cincinnati in 2000, and an MFA from the University of Cincinnati in 2005, where she was awarded a Wolfstein Traveling Fellowship. Ms. Ustick’s studio practice is quite diverse, ranging from drawing and painting to video, sculpture, fibers, and installations. She is a member of the collaborative group Maidens of the Cosmic Body Running, which mounted an exhibition at the Lois & Richard Rosenthal Center for Contemporary Art in 2011. With the nonprofit organization ArtWorks, Ms. Ustick has served as Project Manager and Lead Artist on six prominent murals, making significant contributions to Cincinnati’s public art landscape. She is currently conducting exciting research involving expressive arts therapies in collaboration with health-related disciplines at the university.
- Master of Fine Arts, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, 2005.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Art Academy of Cincinnati, Cincinnati,OH, 2000.
Experience & Service
- 2012 to Present, Visiting Assistant Professor of Art, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati,OH.
- 2011 to 2012, Annualized Adjunct Professor, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati,OH.
- 2014 to Present, Adjunct Professor, Art Academy of Cincinnati, Cincinnati,OH.
- 2013 to Present, Adjunct Professor, University of Cincinnati Clermont College, Batavia, OH.
- 2008 to 2011, Visiting Assistant Professor of Art, Grand Valley State Uni versi ty, Allendale, MI.
- 2006 to 2008, Adjunct Instructor, Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, Ky.
- 2005 to 2007, Adjunct Instructor, Miami University Hamilton, Hamilton, OH.
- 2003 to 2005, Graduate Assistant, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati,OH.
Papers, Presentations, and Lectures
- “Shavasana Project for a Harmonist Farm…,” lecture (with Maidens of the Cosmic Body Running), University of Southern Indiana, Center for Communal Studies, Evansville, IN, March 2014
- “Harmony in the New World,” presenter, Society for Utopian Studies Annual Conference, College of Charleston, Charleston, SC, November 2013
- “Bodies Shaping the Land, Land Shaping Bodies,” presenter, Earth Perfect? Nature, Utopia, and the Garden Symposium & Exhibitions, University of Delaware, Newark, DE, June 2013
- “Bombshells of Cincinnati,” Ohio Art Educators Association Conference, Keynote Speaker (with Bombshells of Cincinnati), Covington, KY, November 2012
- Visiting Artist Lecturer, Fibers Special Studio, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, May 2012
- “Bombshells of Cincinnati,” One Night/One Craft, Guest Artist (with Bombshells of Cincinnati) Contemporary Arts Center, Cincinnati, OH, August 2011
- Visiting Artist Lecturer, Current Arts Forum, Miami University at Oxford, OH, December 2011