Hal B Jankowski
Title: Business Officer
Office: 5470F Aronoff Center
Hal began his career with Deloitte Tax, LLP in Cincinnati, OH with a focus on non-profit organizations and hospitals. He consulted on various tax issues, including unrelated business income, executive compensation, board governance, and applications for exemption. From there, he moved to Indiana University, where he held several roles including auxiliary accounting consultant and tax compliance officer. His final role with IU was as Manager of Financial Analysis and Reporting for University Information Technology Services, where he was responsible for reporting on and helping project leaders manage a combined budget of nearly $135 million across IUs seven campuses. Hal is now responsible for the business operations of the College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning at the University of Cincinnati, including accounting, finance/budgeting, and human resources. He is a frequent volunteer with the Central Association of College and University Business Officers, serving as the 2012 Higher Education Accounting Workshop committee chair and the 2014 and 2015 Winter Workshop committee chair.
- Bachelor of Science, University of Kentucky (Accounting).
- Master of Science, University of Kentucky (Accounting).
Presentations & Lectures
- (04/09/2014). Microsoft Access: When and How. CACUBO Winter Workshop, Kansas City, MO.
- (04/09/2014). Basics of College and University Budgeting. CACUBO Winter Workshop, Kansas City, MO.
- (02/06/2015). Basics of College and University Budgeting. CACUBO Winter Workshop, Kansas City, MO.
- (04/01/2015). Basics of College and University Budgeting. CACUBO Winter Workshop, Minneapolis, MN.
Honors & Awards
- CACUBO President's Award, 2014.
Experience & Service
- Conference. CACUBO Winter Workshop (02/18/2014 to 02/19/2014) , Indianapolis, IN.
- Conference. CACUBO Winter Workshop (04/08/2014 to 04/09/2014) , Kansas City, MO.
- Conference. CACUBO Winter Workshop (02/05/2015 to 02/06/2015) , Kansas City, MO.
- Conference. CACUBO Winter Workshop (03/31/2015 to 04/01/2015) , Minneapolis, MN.
- Conference. CACUBO Higher Education Accounting Workshop (05/21/2012 to 05/22/2012) , Chicago, IL.
- Kentucky Board of Accountancy, Certified Public Accountant
- American Institute of CPAs, Chartered Global Management Accountant 2014