Title: Professor Emerita
Office: 4315 Wolfson Center
Professor Einfalt received her BS in Art Education in 1972, did undergraduate work in Ceramics at Penn State University 1974-75 and received an MFA in Plastic Arts from San Jose State University, San Jose, CA in 1982. Her work examines the relationship between life, nature and art. Recent research investigations explore the related concepts of the origin of soil, our food supply, biotechnology and organic farming practices. Her early work was focused in Ceramics. Subsequent expertise in mold making and casting includes metals, especially bronze, rubber, plaster, concrete, fiberglass, welding and related metal processes. Recent exhibitions include the Yew Dell Botanical Garden, Louisville, KY; the Weston Gallery, Philip Myers Gallery, and Semantics Gallery in Cincinnati, OH and Make a Wish Foundation Exhibition and Auction in Columbus, OH. She has received grants from the University of Cincinnati Research Council, the Ohio Arts Council and the Kentucky Foundation for Women.
- Master of Fine Arts, San Jose University, San Jose, CA, 1982 (Plastic Arts).
- Bachlor of Fine Arts, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA., 1976.
- Bachlor of Science, Kutztown University School of Visual and Performing Arts, Kutztown, PA., 1972 (Art Education).
Fine Arts Contemporary Sculpture Sculptural Processes and Materials Ceramics
- Artists Project Grant, Ohio Arts Council, Columbus, OH. 2001.
- Kentucky Foundation for Women, Individual Grant, Louisville KY.. 1996.
- Ohio Arts Council, Individual Artist Fellowship Grant. 1989.
- University Summer Faculty Provost Support Grant Italian Stone Carving Workshop, Pietrasanta, Italy . 1988.
Experience & Service
- 1986 to Present, Associate Professor of Fine Arts, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH.
- 1984 to 1986, Instructor, Jose Museum of Art School, , San Jose, CA..
- 1980 to 1982, Teaching Assistant, Pennsylvania State University, Uniontown, PA..
- 1974 to 1976, Visual Lecturer, Pennsylvania State University, Uniontown, PA.
- 1972 to 1974, Art Teacher, Easton Area School District, Easton, PA..
Image: "Global Elixer" 13' x 7' x 6" coffee bean bags, various fibers
- Juror, Yew Dell Botanical Garden Sculpture Exhibition, Louisville, KY.
- Coordinator, Hasbro Toy Workshop, University of Cincinnati
- Artist Residency, The Studio Cooperative, Pietrasanta, Italy
- Lecturer, University of Dayton, Dayton, OH.
- Kharkov Cincinnati Fellowship Park Design Committee
- Co-Curator, “All Over the Map” exhibition for Mid-America, College Art Association, Carnegie Arts Center, Covington, KY.
- Foundry Consultant, Rio Grande College, Rio Grande, OH.
- Technical Consultant, Greater Cincinnati Bicentennial Commission, River Walk Project
- Lecturer, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
- Lecturer, Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, KY.
- Lecturer, Swain College of Art and Design, New Bedford, MA.
- Lecturer, University of California at Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA.
- Assistant Director, The Gallery at Battenberg, Fillhardt and Wright, Inc. San Jose, CA.
- Assistant, John Battenberg, Metal Sculptor, Los Gatos, CA.
- Curator, “Documentation of Outdoor Installations” Artvark’s Gallery, San Jose, CA. Sponsored by NCECA 82’ Conference
- “Four Artists- Art in the 80’s”, Workshop, Artists’ Resource Pool,College of San Mateo, CA.
- The Family Tree, historical survey of California ceramic educators, produced by Artists’ Resource Pool, published with NCECA 82’
- Founding Member, Artists’ Resource Pool, Art Educator Collaborative
- “Surface Manipulation with Clay”, Workshop, Artists’ Resource Pool, Cabrillo College, Santa Cruz, CA.
- Gallery Assistant, Union Gallery, San Jose State University, San Jose, CA.