Vicki S Daiello
Title: Asst Professor
Office: 4280A Aronoff Center
Professor Daiello received a B.F.A. with concentrations in metals and digital imaging from Ohio Wesleyan University and an M.A. (2005) and Ph.D. (2010) degrees from The Ohio State University. Daiello’s arts teaching experiences range from arts education in public schools to interdisciplinary artist-in-residence projects. Daiello’s research and art practice are informed by Lacanian psychoanalytic theory; current research investigates writing methods in arts-informed inquiry and artists&39; writing practices in studio contexts. She has presented research at the American Educational Research Association (AERA) meeting, the International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry (ICQI), and the National Art Education Association (NAEA) conference. Daiello is published in Visual Arts Research Journal, The Journal of Social Theory in Art Education, Studies in Art Education, and Creative Approaches to Research. In addition, Daiello serves on the Contemporary Arts Center (CAC) Education Task Force (Cincinnati, Ohio) and the Ohio Arts Council (OAC) Grant Advisory Board (Columbus, OH).
- Ph.D., Art Education, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2010 (Art Education Dissertation: The “I” of the Text: A Psychoanalytic Theory Perspective on Students’ Television Criticism Writing, Subjectivity, and Critical Consciousness in Visual Culture Art Education).
- M.A., Art Education, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2005 (Art Education Thesis: Art Education at the Speed of Life: A Philosophical Inquiry into an Online Arts Education Course).
- B.F.A, Ohio Wesleyan University, Delaware, OH, 1999 (Metals and Digital Imaging).
- Mapping the Possibilities: Exploring New Cartographies of Arts , Faculty Development Council. 2013.
- Daiello, V., Bonansinga, K., & Paice, K. , Museum Studies Masters Program Development, Faculty Development Council. 2013.
- ICQI 2012: Mentoring Student Research Writing Development, Faculty Development Council. 2012.
- CSTW Research on Writing and Composition in 21st Century Contexts Grant, The Ohio State University. 2008.
- Daiello, V. (2014). (In Progress). Wherever I Am, I Am What is Missing.. Creative Practices in Research Journal., May 2014.
- Daiello, V. With Flávia Bastos, Kristopher Holland, and Christopher Luessen (2013). Walking Spaces for Socially Engaged Arts-Based Research: Reflections and Disruptions On/In Practice.. Published Proceedings of the 1st Conference on Arts-Based And Artistic Research, University of Barcelona, Spain..
- Daiello, V. (2010). (K)not an Impasse: Working Through Lacanian Theory as Research Methodology”. Visual Arts Research, 36 (2), 83.
- Daiello, V. (2010). Silences Between Words and World: Deconstruction and the Evolution of an Inquiry.. T. Barrett, Making Art: Form and Meaning, McGraw Hill..
- Daiello, V. (2008). Ephemera in Art.. ChildArt: The Magazine of the International Child Art Foundation, 11 (2), 6.
- Daiello, V., Walker, S., Rhoades, M., and Hathaway, K. (2006). Complicating Visual Culture.. Studies in Art Education, 47 (4).
- Daiello, V., Barrett, T., Blackson, V., and Goffos, M (2006). God: The Taboo Topic in Art Education. The Journal of Social Theory in Art Education, 26.
Presentations & Lectures
- Daiello, Vittoria (2014). “Rethinking Research: Innovative Approaches to the Thesis/Dissertation” CECH-College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services -Teachers College, University of Cincinnati.
- Daiello, Vittoria (2013). Art + Literacy/ies Panel National Council of Teachers of English Research Assembly (NCTEAR), The Ohio State University.
- Daiello, Vittoria (2011). Visual Metaphor and Critical, Reflexive Writing Arts Writing Workshop with Professor Terry Barrett, The Ohio State University.
Honors & Awards
- DAAP Award for Outstanding Teaching - University of Cincinnati, 2011.
- Manuel Barkan Dissertation Award - The Ohio State University, 2008.
- Graduate Associate Teaching Award - The Ohio State University, 2007.
Experience & Service
- 2010 to Present, Assistant Professor, University of Cincinnati, College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning - School of Art, Cincinnati, OH.
- 2008 to 2009, Interdisciplinary Writing Consultant, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
- 2005 to 2009, Graduate Teaching Associate, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
- 2008 to 2008, Graduate Teaching Associate, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
- 2008 to 2008, Visiting Art Instructor, Contemporary Art Center of Virginia Beach, Virginia Beach, VA.
- 2002 to 2005, Graduate Teaching Associate, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
- 1998 to 2002, Artist/Teacher in Residence and Arts Integration Specialist, Smith Elementary School; Delaware City School District, Delaware, OH.
- 2001 to 2002, Art Teacher, Buckeye Valley West Elementary; Buckeye Valley School District, Delaware, OH.