Title: Asst Professor
Office: Aronoff Center
Professor Anderson is from Louisville, Kentucky. After receiving an MFA in Printmaking from Indiana University, he received an MFA in Sculpture for Yale University. Currently he lives between New York City and Cincinnati, Ohio. Noel Anderson is Assistant Professor of Printmaking in the University of Cincinnati&39;s College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning. Anderson&39;s work investigates systems of arbitrary signification, which produce understandings of the epistemology of identity politics. Noel Anderson&39;s work proposes sites from which an investigation of race, gender, class, and sexuality is explored. Paired with humor, Anderson&39;s research results in category crisis, as viewers are left wondering who they are, or would rather not be. Noel Anderson shows and lectures nationally and internationally.
- Masters of Fine Arts, Yale University School of Art, New Haven, CT, 2010 (Sculpture).
- Masters of Fine Arts, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2007 (Printmaking).
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Ohio Wesleyan University, Delaware, OH, 2003 (Painting and Printmaking ).
Presentations & Lectures
- (2015). In the Sphere: African American Artists Crossover Printmaking Panel . Southern Graphics Council International Conference, Knoxville, TN.
- (2014). Kinetic Printmaking in a Digitally Hybridized World (Panel Chair, upcoming), . Mid-American Print Council, Detroit, MI.
- (2014). Critical Discourses on Race and Gender , Crawfordsville, IN.
- (2014). “Participatory Printmaking in Establishing a Post-Everything Discourse”. Southern Graphics Council Lecture, San Francisco, CA.
- (2014). “Reimagining the MFA/PhD Debate”. NAEA National Conference, San Diego, CA.
- (2013). “The Potentialities of a Master’s Degree in a Post-Racial World”. McNair Scholar Conference Lecturer, Cincinnati, OH.
- (2013). “Contemporary Printmaking in a Post-Racial Discourse”. Southern Graphics Council Lecture, Milwaukee, WI.
Experience & Service
- 09/01/2011 to Present, Assistant Professor, Fine Arts Department, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH.
- Eat Cold Eels, Think Distant Thoughts (upcoming), Eric Dean Gallery, Wabash College,Crawfordsville, IN
- Mascuminity, Ch 26: He’s a Magik Men, Tilton Gallery NY, NY
- Finding the Rainbow’s Threads, Gallery Zidoun Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Fear of the Black Member, Semantics Gallery, Cincinnati, OH
- Sour pis lacks repo; installation; Tilton Gallery, NY,NY
- You’re Never too Old for Kool-Aid: reverb (Performance), Yale University Green Gallery,New Haven, CT
- Blue Velvet (Performance), Norfolk School of Art, Norfolk, CT
- How to Scare a Lion (Performance), Yale University Edgewood Gallery,New Haven, CT